Thursday, July 13, 2006

Full Circle - March 2005


Do you look at me now with lust, or disgust?
Mistrust? You might, you must.
Cause wasn't love lost?
In the midnight minds, the shadowy kind,
Now I find we're living like mimes,
The only contact is through the eyes.
Solitary nights awake and not right,
Wondering how many times the words were held tight.
See from where I stand it looks a lot like,
You had one foot out the door not ready to fight,
Cause you think you'll give up your rights,
Compromise sound for sight.
& you were ready to go continue the flow,
From hot to cold but had intentions of gold.
And what have we learned now?
The tables have turned now.
From cold to hot to find your god,
Yet still I can yearn for that which has burned,
The truth is stretched have we come full circle yet?
Or am I in debt?
On who's shoulders does it rest?
The fate of the world, a cyclical curl,
A spiral in motion or enlightened notion,
Continues to grow in the hear and now,
We reap what we sow remembering how,
To take a chance, make a wider stance,
Maybe move away, closer than the doorway,
Come in & play,
I mean you don't have to stay,
It's ok...
You can leave when you want to,
Cause I'm not stoppin you,
You wanna find truth baby do what you gotta do.
I love you.
And that's alright.
Cause like a toss of dice,
You came into my life,
And gave me flight.
Like a falcon dive, or tip of the scale,
The hammer head hit's the top of the nail,
Cause life...
It goes on and I grow strong,
Enough to write this song,
And live along side of you,
And not hide the truth.
Still the question remains simple and plain,
I wanna know what do you see when your looking at me?
Cause I refuse to believe you fell out of love with me,
If that's the case it wasn't love in the first place.
Compromise smell for taste.
A warm embrace in haste,
And that look on your face,
That makes my heart race.
The potential is there,
If you have the will to care,
Or do you dare?
Compassionate time to share,
Your mind is yours to bear I know....
Some places there you don't want me to go.
So if you wanna be alone just let me know and I'll go,
Sometimes I wanna go home anyway but I'll stay,
To face my ghosts,
A skeletal maze.
Until the circle is closed,
Don't want to run away.
In cylicibal haze,
Lost and crazed in a daze.
So give me the credit I'm due,
Just wanted to be with you.
And now you gotta tell me,
What the hell do you see,
When your looking my way,
Or when our eyes meet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home