Thursday, July 13, 2006

My Song - Febuary 2004


Self inflicted Obligation,
Creates unwanted hesitation,
Undoubtedly resulting,
In this frustration.
Heading down the causeway,
Of constellations.
Can't wait to be patiently,
Waiting in train stations,
Sitting on the curb and smiling,
At passing strangers.
And stranger they get,
As the ones that I've met,
Roll out of sight,
Across expanses of land,
With my guitar in my hand,
That's where I'll stand.
And play for the streets,
And every bystander I meet,
Will seemingly stride to the beat,
To the rhythm of my heart,
To the rhythm of my guitar,
To the rhythm that is,
Life and death and life and death and life and death...
Until it takes away my breath.
And I realize,
That even now,
The course is mapped out.
My role is without a doubt,
Meant to be played now...
In full...
In full...
Every step I take,
Brings me closer to the right place,
Have faith in the day,
Have faith in the hour,
In the hear and the now.
This is my choice.
This is my voice.
I live inside of my chaotic emotions,
And try to come clean,
Try to be free,
And try to be me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home