Saturday, January 12, 2013

Miigwetch
















My silence is not tell-tale of how I feel,
My gratitude sometimes hides behind a wall of fear.
I don't have resistance to working these things out with you,
It's worth the discomfort for the growth that ensues.

My inadequacy to completely show,
My appreciation for all that you are,
May hopefully be overthrown,
by this little tune and it's few short bars...

I think it's high time for these feelings of lack,
To be overgrown with abundance,
with blossoms of opportunities not passed by,
For nothing will ever change if I don't ever try...

To make mistakes knowing that I'll fail,
Knowing that failing don't define who I am,
Eloquence is often illusive to me,
But you inspire me, you try for me the least I can do is speak...

I want to grow with you and feed you when your fuel is low,
be your fire when your bones are cold,
Sit and knit with you when we're getting old,
Silence is beauty but words are like gold so...

The nomadic way runs deep within my soul,
but you give me a reason to call some place a home,
It's you, you keep the home fires a-burn,
So I have something to return to...

I want to dedicate to you my poetry,
Wish I could say it as good as Cohen, but this is me,
...Not really knowing, how to say...
Well here I am, I'm trying to say,
Sometimes I just don't know how to say...

...Thank You.

1 Comments:

At 7/5/13 8:07 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not have words to describe the pride and the gratitude and the praise that I feel, for your words...
I thank the spirits for the condition of, Motherhood... My heart overflows when I realize the creator you are and more than that I may have played some small role in that, but that I am being guided and taught by you by your very existence and your own journey towards authenticity and enlightenment enriches me so. You are my greatest teacher... xoxoxoxoxox
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home